Johnson (JJ) Njeke
Founding Partner and Chairpersonjohnsonn@dkapital.co.za
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1986.
- Ex Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Co-found Kagiso Trust Investments, an investment holding company, where he was appointed Managing Director from 1 June 1994 and remained in this position, serving on various boards in the Kagiso Group, until his resignation on 30 June 2010.
- Chairman of Silver Unicorn Trading 33 (Pty) Limited.
- Serves on the Boards of Adcorp Holdings Limited, ArcelorMittal (SA), MMI Holdings Limited, Resilient Property Income Fund, MTN Group Limited, Sasol Limited, the South African Qualifications Authority and the Council of the University of Johannesburg.
- Ex Chairman of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants and its Education Committee.
- Previously served as a member of the Katz Commission of Inquiry into Taxation in South Africa, the General Committee of the JSE Securities Exchange, The Audit Commission – Supervisory Body of the Office of Auditor General, the Audit Committee of National Treasury and the Editorial Board of “The Journal of Accounting Research”.
Prof Wiseman Nkuhlu
Founding Partner and Directorwisemann@dkapital.co.za
- Chancellor of the University of Pretoria and Chairman of Rothschild (SA).
- Director of AngloGold Ashanti Ltd, Datatec Limited and Ethics Institute of South Africa.
- Currently serving as the Patron of the School of Accounting of the University Of Fort Hare.
- Served as President of the International Organisation of Employers from 2008 to 2011.
- Served as a member of the Global Financial Crisis Advisory Panel, established jointly by the International Accounting Standards Board and the Financial Accounting Standards Board in 2009 to advise on the accounting standards setting implications of the Global Financial Crisis.
- Served as the Chief Executive of the Secretariat of New Partnership for Africa’s Development NEPAD from October 2000 to July 2005 where he played a major role in the elaboration of NEPAD policy framework and in promoting the programme both in Africa and international.
- From 1989 to 2000, W L Nkuhlu served as a director of a number of major companies, including Standard Bank, South African Breweries, Old Mutual, Tongaat Hulett and BMW.
- Ex Chairman of the Development Bank of Southern Africa.
- Served two terms as the President of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants. He served as Economic Advisor to; the Government of South Africa, the National African Federated Chamber of Commerce from 1989 to 1993 and as President of the Black Management Forum from 1992 to 1995.
Partner and Directordaniej@dkapital.co.za
- Seasoned private equity professional and has 23 years’ experience in all aspects of private equity. Prior to joining Carlyle Mr Jordaan invested 20 years with Ethos Private Equity where he was a member of the leadership team who established Ethos as the leading private equity firm in South Africa.
- Ex Senior Advisor to the Carlyle Sub-Saharan Africa Fund. He assumed this role after three years as Managing Director and Co-Head of the Fund. During this time Mr Jordaan was part of the team that successfully raised $698 million for Carlyle’s first fund in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Private equity investment expertise in a number of sectors including; media, retail, transport and logistics, consumer services, IT services and distribution, industrial manufacturing, services to resources and construction companies, healthcare and textile manufacturing. Mr Jordaan has been involved in a variety of transaction types including; privatizations, partnering with entrepreneurs / family controlled businesses, auction deals, industry consolidation, turnarounds, acquiring non-core assets from conglomerates, rationalization of non-core assets, public to private’s and raising European HYB finance.
- A South African Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) degree in accounting from the University of Johannesburg and a computer science degree from the University of South Africa.